Re: libasound-sndio

From: Jari Vetoniemi <mailroxas_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2018 19:50:07 +0200
Thank you for clearing that up.

It's indeed weird that PCSX2 (which uses SDL) works in non-blocking
mode. Both wine and SDL doesn't even poll the ALSA file descriptors,
they just spawn a thread and do their own audio timing there (writing in
a loop). SDL even has thread for handling alsa hotplugs.

This indeed sounds like a bad idea, but that's what they do. Forcing
blocking operation makes the sound work for wine. I wonder if the
NONBLOCKing in alsa means something else than nonblocking write/read.
The project's poorly documented so I have to go do some source digging.