Re: Feedback

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 00:59:21 +0200
On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 10:11:34PM +0200, Dexter Hovis wrote:
> Hello everyone,
>
> i am currently plan to switch to a BSD system. But without sound it doesn't
> make sense.
> My problem is, i have a sound card with an CMI8788 chip. Afaik the chip is used
> in a lot of sound cards, but it is still not supported in sndio.

Hi,

FWIW, sndio has no drivers, it's just a thin layer using the operating
system drivers.

OpenBSD has no driver for the CMI8788 chip but as there seems to be no
public documentation for the chip, I don't plan to work on
it. Sorry. If you plan to use OpenBSD, I could recommend another sound
card, depending on how you plan to use it (latency, precision, etc).

HTH,

-- Alexandre