Re: WebKitGTK bubblewrap (aka bwrap) sandboxing and sndio

From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2020 14:51:38 +0200
On Sat, May 23, 2020 at 06:12:06PM +0200, Haelwenn (lanodan) Monnier wrote:
> Hi,
>   I found a bug with WebKitGTK and sndio, which is that if the sandboxing done
> with bubblewrap is used, gstreamer errors out as it can't access the device.
>
> I've found /tmp/sndio/sock0 but I'm not sure how this one should work as
> I haven't found mention of it in the manpage and I'd rather avoid using code
> as documentation.

Hi,

I'll try to fix the doc. Meanwhile, here are the needs to call
sio_open() on any setup:

* connect to /tmp/sndio/sock[0-9]
* connect to /tmp/sndio-`id -u`/sock[0-9]
* connect to tcp port 11025 port
* create ~/.sndio directory
* create and read ~/.sndio/cookie
* open the raw device nodes, if the sndiod server is not used:
	- /dev/audio* on OpenBSD
	- /dev/dsp* on FreeBSD
	- /dev/snd/* on Linux

Once sio_open() is called, only the existing file descriptors are
used, so above are not needed anymore.