Re: Issues with more than four channels

From: Daniel Gibson <metalcaedes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2020 19:29:23 +0200
On 11.06.20 15:29, Alexandre Ratchov wrote:

> The start threshold is larger than the buffer size, so
> playback will never start.
>
> There's a confusion between output and input periods count. The diff
> below should fix this. Does it?
>
> [...]

Yes, this works, thank you!
This also explains why -mplay helps: In line 791
"if (!(hdl->sio.mode & SIO_REC)) {" sets "irate = orate;" etc, so
hdl->par.rate would be set to the right value anyway.

It seems like irate and orate, iperiods and operiods etc always have to
be the same (on the same device) - is this guaranteed to work, or could
it happen that some soundcard demands different values for input and output?
I mean it works for my device so I'm happy, I'm just wondering :)

Cheers,
Daniel