Re: Sndio don't work in Gentoo

From: Daniel Gibson <metalcaedes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 02:30:24 +0200
Hi,

- Make sure that pulseaudio is not running, only one of pulseaudio and
sndio can use the audio device at a time.
(if executing "ps -A | grep pulseaudio" in a terminal creates output,
pulse is running)
- Please don't post screenshots for posting text, post the text (or if
it's too long, put it in a .txt and attach that to the mail, or put it
in a pastebin and link that)
- For debugging, don't start sndio via rc script - shut the daemon down
via rc and try running it as a user first, so you get debug output
directly to the terminal. This is usually done with something like
   sndiod -d -f rsnd/0
(for more debug information, use -dd or -ddd etc instead of just -d)
If you have multiple soundcards, the device might not be rsnd/0 but
rsnd/1 or sth else, depending on which soundcard wanna use - rsnd/0 is
alsa's hw:0, rsnd/1 is hw:1 etc.+
"aplay -l" lists the available alsa devices, hw:0,0 means "card 0 device
0" (not 100% sure, but sndiod might indeed accept -f rsnd/0,1 to select
the device of a card, but in my experience specifying the card number is
enough).
TBH, the sndio documentation should be more clear on how to select a
particular alsa card/device..
- Use aucat for testing. "aucat -i /dev/urandom" should create
white/static noise on the speakers. aucat also has the "-d" and "-dd"
etc options for additional debug information.

Anyway, try this and then you should hopefully get helpful output
that'll tell you why sndiod doesn't work - and if you still can't get it
to work, please post the output of sndiod and aucat started with -ddd.

Cheers,
Daniel

>>> https://imgur.com/XS6izPX (https://imgur.com/XS6izPX)