bad sound quality

From: Marko Bauhardt <marko.bauhardt_at_mailbox.org>
Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2022 16:11:22 +0100 (CET)
hi,
I'm using void linux and want to switch from alsa to sndio. After installation of the sndio package I created the asoundrc file with this content

```
pcm.!default {
        type sndio
}
```

I start the sndio daemon with

```
sndiod -d -f rsnd/PCH,0 -m play,rec -s default
```

Playing files with aplay or aucat works fine, also youtube via firefox sounds good.
Playing youtube vids with chromium having a bad quality at the beginning, but after some seconds it sounds clear. But when opening a second tab it sounds bad again without recovering. Slack calls sounds terrible as well.

JFYI, it sounds like "slow echo".

So maybe chromium does not support sndio at all?
Or how can I figure out where the issue or misconfiguration is?

thx for any hint
marko