Re: Combine 2 hardware devices into 1 sndio device

From: Scott Bonds <scott_at_ggr.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2024 16:54:19 +0000
> From: Alexandre Ratchov <alex_at_caoua.org>
> Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 11:28:44 +0200

> To handle telephony programs, the plan is to let programs not using
> full-duplex (like firefox and chromium) to choose different devices
> for playback and recording, but that's not done yet, no promises. In
> other words "default" would point to different devices depending on
> whether it's open play-only, rec-only or full-duplex.

Oh man, that's what I need, that would be great! I'm running OpenBSD + Gnome + Firefox and I've got a bunch of audio devices. My preferred output only supports playback, my preferred input is a different device, and Firefox only looks at the default device, so I can either have sound out or sound in working, not both.